Saturday, October 31, 2015

A vintage inspired dress.

Since this is the VERY slow season right now,  I have some time to pursue some other projects.  I have wanted to design some vintage inspired gowns, working my way through the decades.   I  was able to finish a 1920's inspired gown this week.  I Love it!!
This  is  a 1929 Mcalls pattern.  I fell in love with the black dress so I decided to duplicate it - with some updates.  

This is my version.  Made with ivory Charmuese, a short train and added rhinestones for some pizzaz.  

The back.  


A nice silhouette.  
I had a little trouble with the zipper.  It is an invisible zipper sew on the bias (read stretchy).  

Not good.....





I had to re-do it, carefully pulling it up so that it didn't stretch.  Much better.  

I am working on a 1910 vintage inspired dress now - stay tuned.  







No comments:

Post a Comment