Saturday, July 19, 2014

There is nothing that can't be fixed.


As you can imagine, being wedding season, I am immersed in wedding gowns.  I haven't had much time to even do normal stuff like laundry.  Thankfully two of my dear daughters are helping me this summer.  Jami is sewing with me doing bustles and such.   Traci is cooking and grocery shopping.  I don't  know what I would do without them.  

Blogging has been relegated to the back burned in the meantime, but I thought I would post a couple of photos of a recent dress.  The brides mom called very upset and said that they had taken the dress to another seamstress and it had been hemmed to short.  Could I help them?  My comment was, "There is nothing that can't be fixed".  


Here is the dress.

Cute ruffle on the back.  

Here is the solution we came up with.  

The ruffle fabric matches the back.

She was very happy.  In fact I think she like it better than before.  

See you in the fall!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment