Saturday, February 1, 2014

Learning to Make Kanzashi Flowers.

I love to read blogs.  All kinds.  I subscribe to a couple of blogs and pop in on a few more once in awhile.  I follow one from a fellow sewer that I enjoy.  What a great way to share with the world your opinions, your talents and whatever else is on your mind.  It is also a great way to learn things.

So the question is - should I start a blog?  Would anyone be interested?  Who knows - but if nothing else it will be a good place to archive things that interest me,  events that happen in my sewing adventures, photos of things that I have done.  Maybe my great, great grandchildren will be interested someday.  In fact I would be very interested in what my great great grandparents were thinking and doing with their lives, so here goes.

Yesterday was a fun day of creating.  I have been making wedding belts and sashes as well as hair pieces all winter since that is my "not so busy" season.  I have been selling them on Etsy and in the bridal shop that I work for.  So I am constantly looking for ideas on different flowers, and arrangements.  I was looking at etsy and found this Japanese flower art called Kanzashi.  They are folded fabric flowers that are absolutely beautiful.  So I decided to see if I could figure out how to make them.  Off to youtube I went.  There were lots of videos to choose from - many were in another language, but I could follow along just fine.  So here are a few of the flowers I learned to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment